SAP Litmos Training - Content Author allows users to create dynamic and visually appealing
SCORM 1.2 content within the LMS. This powerful feature is designed to support everyone from
the novice content creator to the expert instructional designer to create engaging content in
support of their organization’s goals.
Content Author modules are created directly in SAP Litmos Training either via an existing course or as a new module.
These modules can be easily edited directly via the Content menu. To find content created in the Content Author, either navigate directly to the courses or modules, or alternatively, go to Content > Modules and select the Content Author Module Filter (under More).
When creating a module in Content Author, Admins have access to a range of features:
- All modules use a standard neutral theme with highlight colors and/or logo directly imported from your SAP Litmos Training Brand Theme
- Fonts, Colors, Logo and Theme can be changed per module
- Simple Next/Back navigation
- Option to lock progress
- Produces accessible content by default
- Displays all functionality in logged in user’s language (from SAP Litmos Training user profile)
- Choose which language to build module in (will support content created in SAP Litmos Training supported languages, but it does not translate content. Only one language can be set per module.)
- Create multiple pages or ‘Slides’
- Add, delete and reorder pages
- Auto-save progress
Templates and Components
Simply add predefined pages to your module, or create your own pages by adding any components to an existing page. Choose among the following page templates and components:
- Text and image
- Video (including transcript and captions)
- Quiz (single quiz with multiple questions)
- Button Popups
- Gallery (displays components learners can swipe through)
- Cover Image
- Video (including captions and transcript)
- Audio (including transcript)
- Review Multiple Choice Questions (unscored question) – including correct/incorrect feedback
- Multiple Choice Questions (scored question) – including correct/incorrect feedback
- Shuffle quiz answers
- Quiz results
Course completion options:
- Last page
- Quiz pass – ability to set pass %
- Declaration option
Resources and Assets
- Attach resource documents to SCORM module
- Save Resources within the Content Author Resource Library to reuse within your module
- Asset Library – allows you to add images, video, audio, so you can choose from existing assets, or upload new assets to use within a module
Preview and Publish
Once you have completed your module, Admins can preview how the content will look on Desktop, Tablet, or mobile before publishing.
Content Author offers seamless publishing to SAP Litmos Training
- Directly into SAP Litmos Training (as SCORM 1.2)
- Download SCORM 1.2 ZIP file
- File Size Limit is 1GB
- Web version (will run outside of an LMS on a website)
Administrators can also download copies of Content Author modules at any time via the Content Author or Module Library.
Enabling Content Author
In order to use Content Author the feature must first be enabled via Account Settings > Litmos Features > Content Author.
The feature can also be disabled here. If the Content Author feature is disabled after content has been created and published, the content will remain available within any courses or modules but cannot be edited without enabling the feature again.
Under the Content Author Feature, Account Owners can specify which users are granted access to the tool; only users added to the list will be able to create and edit content in the Content Author tool. (Team Admins/ Team Leaders will also require ‘Manage Courses and Learning Paths’ permission in order to author content).
To add a new Author:
Click Promote to Content Author
Search for the user you would like to promote
Select the user
Click the select button to confirm.
Access to Author content can be removed from specific users by deleting them from the Content Author List using the x button.
For further detail on authoring content, please refer to Content Author- Creating and Editing Modules