The new Learner Content Library is designed for content discovery and easy access to various types of content. It offers Learners an ability to apply filters across all the content types to narrow down the search results while optimizing the overall search performance and specific results.
The Content Library landing page displays all content in single view - Learning Paths, Courses, Collections and Assets listed as individual objects in that order, with a common filter set. Each content object tile will include a Content Description (up to 60 Char) along with Content Title.
Collections is available as a stand-alone content objects in the library and not as a filter option. Clicking into the collection, the learner will be able to view all the content within a collection. Collections cannot be shared like other content types, since there are access limits on a collection.
Note: The Content Library Dashboard is removed and the widgets moved to the Learner
Learners can begin searching by utilizing the search bar with specific keywords - Title, Description or Tags, to see relevant results. Search shows matching results on both the first level objects (e.g. Course, LP, Asset and Collection) and on second level objects. For instance, the Learner can search for a module within the course or for a course within a Learning path using a single keyword.
Note: One level deep does not apply on in Filter searches.
The ‘Matched on’ feature allows Learners to see why and where the search keyword
matched on each of the resulting objects.
Content Library Filters display common set of filters across all content types. Filters will also support multi-select, where Learners can select multiple filters within each filter type and see results that match either of the selected filters. ‘Reset filters’ will reset all of the selected filters to replace with new options.
- Topics -All the topics that are associated with the content available to the user in the content Library
- Languages - All the relevant languages that are associated with the content available to the user in the content Library
- Tag* - All the relevant languages that are associated with the content available to the user in the content Library
- Skills -All the relevant languages that are associated with the content available to the user in the content Library
- Ratings: If the rating filter is applied, all content with selected rating will be returned.
- Favorites: If the favorites filter is applied, all content that has been Favorited by the Learner will be returned.
- Has Discussion forums: If this filter is applied, all content with discussion forums will be returned.
Only values that are associated with content in the library will be available for selection (e.g. if Tag A
or Topic 1 are not associated to any content in the library, those options will not appear in the filter
list. Similar logic apply for all multi-select filters.)
Selecting multiple options across many filters allows learners to see results that match either filter
combination selected. In the example below, the user will see any content that falls under ‘LP_Topic_R1’topic and any of the selected 3 languages.
Learners also can sort their content alphabetically before or after applying the search and filters. Sort options
- Default - Default display order sorts content as per the Admin settings (alphabetical or custom order) within each content type
- A-Z - Sorts content in ascending alphabetical order purely based on the content title. Content type is ignored
- Z-A - Sorts content in descending alphabetical order purely based on the content title. Content type is ignored