1. Creating a user: There are multiple ways to create a user within SAP Litmos. One of the main things to consider when creating new learners is the username. The username is the unique identifier in SAP Litmos and the best practices is to use the email address as this will help with later integrations. Here are the main ways to add people:
- Bulk User Import: The bulk user import is a way to add up to 5,000 users at one time. You can use the import to make bulk edits to your users. As long as the username is the same in the import as it is in SAP Litmos, their profile information will update once the .csv is added again. You can add the .csv file as many times as you need.
- Single User Creation: You can add users manually from your dashboard by clicking "Create A User" or from the People tab by clicking "Add a new person." You will be able to add all information about your new user from here.
- SSO/ Integrations / API: We currently have integration options, API options and Single-Sign On options to help in the creation/ authentication of users. If you have added all users into the system prior to an integration, you can still use that integration. You will need to make sure the usernames match as you do not want duplicate users.
2. Deactivate/ Reactivate Users: Within SAP Litmos we always say deactivate, don't delete! Once a users is deleted, all of their history and completions are also deleted (there is no way to get this back!) Once a users is deactivated, they will not be able to login to the system but you will still be able to pull their reports. You can Deactivate users via the bulk import or through the Peoples tab. (If a user is Active in the system, but does not login for the month they will not count towards you user count for billing purposes.)
3. Username: As mentioned above, usernames tend to be email addresses. For users that do not have email address, do not choose a username that starts with leading zeros (ex. 00123) because it could impact the functionality of the bulk import and the CSV reporting options (CSV file automatically drop leading zeros).
4. Email: Although usernames tend to be an email, users do not need to have a email address on their profile. There is a separate field for email. You do not have to upload one for the user if they do not need to receive any email notifications or if you plan to communicated with them outside of Litmos using another messaging tool (.e.g. Salesforce emails).