When an Account Owner has enabled the persmission of “Allow read only access to all courses and learning paths that have been made available for assignment” at Account settings,>Access Courses Roles and Permissions, the Team Leads/Admins will have access to: Content,>Courses (or Learning Paths) tab and can view, preview, or assign administrator courses that have been made available for assignment:
A course or learning path is available for assignment by a Team Leader/Team admin if one of the following is true:
- Courses and learning paths are available in a Library (this would include the Content Library, the Team Course/Learning path Library, or the Team Leader Library.
- Course is assigned to the team admin/team leader
- Course is built by the team lead/team admin or by another team lead or team admin on their team
If the "Manage Courses and Learning Paths" permission is selected, Team Admin/Team Leader will be able to create courses, import courses in bulk, perform manual results edits and perform a bulk action on the courses built by them or another team leader/team admin on their team.
At the Content tab:
Courses in the Libraries
The "Library" column is used for courses/learning paths that are either in the If the course is in multiple libraries:
1) If the course is in the course library and in other libraries, the label will display "Course Library"
2) If the course is not in the course library but is in the Team Course library, the label will display "Team Library"
3) If the course is neither in the course library or Team Library, the label will display "Team Leader Library"
The "Assignment Type" column is used to identify whether the course is "Assigned to Team" or "Assigned to Team Admin/Leader".
Courses created by team admin/team leader:
Courses/Learning paths created by the Team Admin/Team Leader will appear to be editable on this page. If the course was created by the team lead/admin but "Manage Course & Learning Path" privileges were removed, then the course will appear as a "View Only" Course. If two team leads exist on the same team and one team lead creates a course, then the other team lead can edit the course created within the team.
How can Team Leads/Admins narrow down the list of courses to only those that they created?
The team leads/admins can leverage the filter at the top of the course page to select courses created by them.
What actions can be performed on the "View Only" courses/learning paths on the course/learning path page?
Team Admins/Team Leaders can click on the view only courses/learning paths and will only have access to the following tabs: Content, People, Teams, Ratings.
Courses/Learning Paths (View Only)
|Assign privileges||Course Edit privileges||Additional Information|
|Course -> Content||Yes||No||- Can only click into ILT Modules
- Cannot recalculate courses
- Can only edit courses that are created within the team by another team leader.
|Course -> People||Yes||No||- Can only see people on the team assigned to the course
- This works in tandem with the "Manage People" permission and new people cannot be imported on this page if the team lead does not have permissions to "Manage People.
|Course -> Teams||Yes||No|
|Course -> Ratings||N/A||N/A||-Only shows ratings for members of the team|
|Team -> Learning Path||Yes||N/A|
|People -> Course||Depends on "Manage People" role and permission. Can only assign if "Manage People" is checked||N/A|
|People -> Learning Path||Depends on "Manage People" role and permission. Can only assign if "Manage People" is checked.||N/A|
Team Admins/Team Leaders are not able to reorder or add Courses to Learning Paths that are read only. However, the Team Admin/Team Leader can create Learning Paths and add Courses made available to those Learning Paths if the "Manage Courses & Learning Paths" permission is enabled.