- What defines an ILT Session?
- Adding multiple dates to a session (Creating a Multi-day session)
- Session Subtabs
- Location List
- Instructor List
- Resource List
What defines an ILT Session?
An ILT Session is a single curriculum or subject which is presented to learners in a module within a course. The module will become complete for the learner once the learner has attended/completed a session. A session can be a one-day event (Single Day Session) or can span over multiple dates/times (Multi-day Session). A session will always build on the information previously presented during the session. When you have more than one session in a single module, each session will have the same curriculum but each session may occur at different times, giving learners the option to register for the session most convenient for them. If a learner is to complete two separate (different) curriculum, the sessions would be created in two separate modules.
In the ILT Module called "Intro to Litmos", this training session takes place three different days over three weeks, which makes it a Multiday session. Because we have many of people who need to attend the training we will offer two separate but identical Multi-day sessions, one on Mondays and one on Tuesdays. Both sessions will cover the same training, so both sessions will be created in just one module. The learners will choose one of the multi-day sessions, and after attending all three days of the session, their module will become complete after 'Roll Call' is processed. (Roll Call tab is discussed farther below)
To Add an ILT Module and Session:
- Create or navigate to the course where you want to put the ILT,<Add Modules,>Create,>Live Session or ILT,>Title the Module and add a Module Description, then Save.
- Fill out the "Create a new live session" form including location, date and time, instructor. Do not select Recurring Session unless the same curriculum is to be offered repeatedly.
- 'Display session details.....' option to allow learners to register to in-progress sessions until the end of the session. This is an optional setting that could be enabled during the session scheduling process. Note that when this setting is enabled “Close Registration x Day(s) before session will be disabled”.
- Seats Available - Once this number has been reached, learners can no longer sign up for that session. (At this point, only Admins/ instructors will be able to manually add learners to this session)
- Waitlist: When enabled learners are added to the waitlist when seat limit is reached. Waitlisted users will have ,waitlist timestamp, reflecting the exact time the learner joined the waitlist. Waitlisted users can be added to the session in the order they joined the waitlist.
Adding multiple dates to a session (Creating a Multi-day session):
After a Single Day Session is created, navigate to the session and click Edit,>Select 'Add new day' or 'Add bulk Days',>Fill in the required session information and Save.
Administrators can also perform conflict checks on multi-day sessions before scheduling days in bulk.
Once a Session is created you will be able to manage the Session through the four tabs listed below:
Sessions subtab: Once the ILT module has been created in a course, the Calendar view in the Sessions sub tab will be the default tab when the module is accessed.
Additional sessions for the same module can be added by selecting the "Add new session" button. Each course will be color coded and appear on the calendar along with all ILT module sessions the user is an instructor for. To see who has registered for each session select roll call next to each session in the List View in the Sessions tab.
Registration (Register) subtab: Assign the Live Session to users and view which of the assigned users has registered and completed the module.
Select "Assign to existing people to the course" to assign users to the course from within the ILT module at the Registration subtab. When assigning a Course with an ILT Session in it, a user will not be enrolled until they have Registered or until an Administrator has enrolled (Registered) the user by selecting the box next to a user's name and selecting Register to session on the right. If an Administrator has enrolled a user, the user will be able to decline and choose another session.
Admins can also choose the session specific view where they can select "Assign to existing people to the session" to assign users to the specific ILT session. Users will be registered to a session and to the course by selecting the box next to a user's name and selecting Register to session
Inactive Users: When a user is made inactive, they get unregistered from any future Sessions. If the user is reactivated they will not be automatically re-registered to the future session(s). Inactive users will not be unregistered from past sessions, however the user won't appear in the Register and Roll call tab. If the user is reactivated, they will again show Registered to those past ILT sessions and appear in the Roll call as well.
Note: If an administrator does not Register a user to a session, the user will be able to choose which session they would like to attend by navigating to the course and selecting the session or from the course assignment email.
Roll Call subtab: View who has signed up for each session, keep track of which sessions each user has attended, give them a grade and mark complete. Change the session you are viewing by selecting the session from the dropdown menu. If you need to, download the roster in a CSV format.
Rollcall can also be bulk updated through the UI. This allows admins to mark learners attended or absent and mark them complete or incomplete with ease. Score cannot be bulk updated through the UI.
Inactive Users: When a user is made inactive, they get unregistered from any future Sessions. If the user is reactivated they will not be automatically re-registered to the future session(s). Inactive users will not be unregistered from past sessions, however the user won't appear at all in the Register and Roll call tab. If the user is reactivated, they will again show Registered to those past ILT sessions and appear in the Roll call as well.
Note: If a Roster is uploaded with users who are not registered for a session, those users will be ignored. This feature will not register them for a session
Settings subtab: Change the Title, description, code, settings or delete the live sessions.
Navigate to Account --> Features --> Instructor Led Training to create and access these ILT management lists:
- Location list
- Instructor List
- Resource List
- Additional Settings
It's important to add locations to this master Location list so that these locations appear to Admins when creating an ILT session. This way, the Administrator knows this location is available to select by default. Admins can also search on locations and update as needed.
Example of choosing a location while creating an ILT session. A search option allows the admins to find the relevant session quickly and with ease:
When adding a location to the master list of ILT locations for the account, be sure to add as much detail as possible so that the Administrator can "View Location Details", which is most helpful during the scheduling process:
Location details added to Master Location List:
To add an Instructor: (Account Owners and Administrators are Instructors by default)
- Navigate to the Account Settings
- Select the Litmos Features sub tab
- Select the icon next to "Instructor Lead Training"
- From the "Instructors" section, select "Add an Instructor"
- Find the user(s) to promote to instructor and check the box next to their name(s)
- Click "Assign"
- NOTE: An instructor needs to have an email address in their profile to allow for calendar invites to function with Outlook.
Once a user has been listed as an instructor:
- They can be selected as an instructor by an Admin when creating or editing a session
- An Admin can view all the sessions they are scheduled to instruct by selecting the "Instructor Schedule" in their profile
- Instructors will have the "Instructor" tab in learner view where they will be able to: view past and future sessions, mark Roll Call, Completion status, and 'Time off' for learners who are registered to the sessions they instruct.
- Admins and Account Owners will have the ability to manage and review this user's Instructor details from the User Profile at their 'Instructor' subtab.
An instructor can be promoted to Proficient Instructor for any course at the course's 'Proficient Instructors' subtab. Afterwards, admins will see a 'Proficient Courses' subtab on the user's profile which lists the courses for which the user is considered an expert trainer. Also, when creating/editing an ILT Session, the Proficient Instructors will be listed first in the list of available Instructors.
Once one or more Instructors have been added to an ILT session, they'll appear within the Instructor section on the page. To check for any conflicts relating to the availability of an Instructor(s) for the session(s), click the "Check Conflict" button on the session creation page.
If the session type is GoToTraining, WebEx or Zoom, just the Instructors who are authorized for the integrations can be selected as instructors. Admin will need to select the "Host" for the session. This is the instructor who will lead the online session in GoToTraining, WebEx or Zoom and therefore be the session leader for the meeting.
Once Resources have been added by an Account Owner, admins creating or editing sessions can select the Resource from within the Create/Edit Session view. Resources are items or services that Instructors may use to help facilitate their training session, such as a laptop or projector.
Once Resource(s) have been selected in the create/edit session view, they will display under the Resources section on the page. To check for any conflicts relating to the availability of a resource for the session(s), click the "Check Conflict" button on the session creation page.
Resource details will be available much in the same way as the location details during the ILT
scheduling process ‘View resource details’.