What is Webex Training Center and Why Should I Integrate it with Litmos?
WebEx Training Center helps broaden the reach and effectiveness of corporate training, higher
education, or vocational school, and makes it easy to deliver highly effective, live instruction to
anyone, anywhere, without sacrificing effectiveness. With WebEx Training Center, you can provide a dynamic, interactive learning environment, better manage audience participation, and extend the reach of your e-learning initiatives without adding staff or increasing travel budget.
Important Note: You must have a Webex Training Center subscription to use this integration. It will not work with Webex Meeting Center.
By integrating WebEx Training Center with Litmos, you will be able to:
- Automatically create WebEx sessions that are tied to Litmos ILT sessions and provide Learners with links into that web conference.
- Launch WebEx as an instructor or as a learner directly from within Litmos.
- Generate a WebEx report for roll call and time spent for each learner to Litmos with a click of one button.
Activate the Webex Training Center Integration
Before WebEx can be used by any user, an Account Owner will first need to enable it for the account. This can be done by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the Account tab.
- From the Integrations sub tab, select the icon next to WebEx.
- Check the "Enable Webex Training" box and click "Save Changes"
Authorize Webex Training Session Scheduling for a User
Each user who will be an instructor of a WebEx session will be required to enable WebEx for their user profile. Follow the steps below to complete this setup:
- Navigate to the "My Profile & Settings" link located in the top right of the screen.
- Select "Edit my profile".
- Select the "Authorize WebEx" link at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your WebEx "Site Name." If your site name is "https://john.webex.com" only enter "John" in the WebEx Site Name field.
Note: Each user who will be using Webex TC to launch a web conference session will need to complete this step.
Note: If the user has changes their Webex password, they will need to authorize the account again.
How a User Can Create a Webex Session in Litmos
- Go to the Courses tab and select the Course that will contain the WebEx session.
- Create a new ILT module in the Course and create a new ILT session, or, select an existing ILT module and create a web conference link on an existing ILT session.
- Enter a name for the session, dates and time, and any other information. Select an instructor that has WebEx authorized and in the drop-down menu labeled "Type" select "WebEx" and click "Save".
Important Note: WebEx sessions can only be created when the instructor has authorized WebEx. See the instructions above for instructions on how to authorize WebEx for an instructor.
How to Retrieve Roll Call Participation from a Webex Training Session
Once the web conference session has ended, the attendance can be retrieved by following the steps below:
- Navigating to the ILT module
- Select the "Roll Call" tab
- Find the ILT session from the drop-down menu
- Click "Get Attendance"
Note: The attendance will only be available to retrieve once it has been recorded in WebEx. This can take up to 24 hours. You can check the status of this information by logging into WebEx, going to "My WebEx" and selecting "My Reports".
Access Webex as a Learner
- While in Learner view, find the session title in the "Sessions I'm attending section" located on the right of the Home tab or navigate to the course, and register for the session if not already registered.
- Select the Launch WebEx link.