The Team Admin and Team Leader access role permissions can be changed to fit your organization's needs. Note that by default both these roles' permissions are the same in Litmos.
How to use Team Admin/Team Leader role
To set the permissions for Team Admin and Team Leaders:
- Log into Litmos as an Account Owner
- Navigate to the Account tab
- Select the Roles & Permissions tab
- Check the box to enable that feature for the access role or uncheck to box to disable it
See below for details on the permissions available:
Team Admin/Team Leader Permissions
Give users Team Admin/Team Leader Permissions
Team Admins/Team Leaders will need to be promoted to be a Team Leader or Team Admin of a Team before they will have permissions to access the Team Leader/ Admin role and visibility for a Team.
To promote a user as a Team Leader/Team Admin:
- Navigate to the Teams tab
- Select the Team the user will need to be promoted to Team Leader or Team Admin of
- Select the People sub tab
- If the user is not already assigned to the Team, assign them to the Team by selecting the "Assign people to this team"
- Select the grey "Promote" option next to the user's name
- Select either the Team Leader or Team Admin role
Note: Because the Team Leader and Team Admin role is set at the Team Level, a user can be set as a Team Admin for some Teams, a Team Leader for other Teams and a Learner for other Teams all at the same time. The user will have the appropriate role and permissions as configured for each of their individual Teams. For this reason and for simplicity, the user will be listed as a Team Leader/Admin regardless of their role in Reports and in their user profile for Access Level.
Using Team Leader or Team Admin
The Admin View of a Team Leader/ Team Admin includes a dropdown box at the top of the right column. Each team the Team Leader/ Team Admin leads will be listed in the dropdown box. The Team Leader/ Team Admin can toggle between teams by selecting the team they would like to work in from this dropdown and the navigation and information in the Admin View will be specific to the selected team.
What Reports Can a Team Admin/Team Leader See?
Please reference the following support article for details on reports and the data that teams leads have access to.
Team Course Library
If Team Admin/Team Leaders have the permission to manager courses for their Team(s), the Team Admins/Leaders will be able to add a Course into the Team's Course library if:
1. The Team Admin/Leader is assigned to the Course
2. The Team Admin/Leader created the Course
3. The Course is in the Team Leader Library.
People Bulk Imports by a Team Admin/Team Leader
Q. I am a Team Leader and I'm trying to import users in bulk into Litmos but I keep receiving an error. What am I doing wrong?
A. Team Admins/Leaders have the ability to import users in bulk (if the permission to Manage People is enabled), however they can only import people who belong to the Team they promoted as a Team Admin/Leader. Therefore, when a Team Admin/Leader performs a bulk import they MUST include the Team Code of the Team that they are a Team Admin/Leader of in the CSV file.
The Team Code can be found in the Settings tab of the Team via Teams > Team Name > Settings > Team Code for importing people in bulk: