The Team Admin/Team Leader role in Litmos provides a Role and level of permissions that sits between a regular Learner and a Training Administrator. A Team Admin/Team Leader role's permissions can be modified to create courses, edit or add Learners, and edit or add Teams for only their teams or new teams. They can also assign training to those teams and users for courses they have created or are assigned to and monitor their results.
Team Admins/Team Leaders are really useful when you have a large organizational structure and you want to delegate responsibility to people located within various branches, departments or geographic regions.
When someone is a Team Leader of a team that has sub-teams under it, they will also have control over the teams, trainees and results in those sub teams. However, a Team Leader will only be able to view the courses they are assigned to or have created and therefore may not be able to view all courses assigned to sub-teams of the team they are a Team Leader for.
What does a Team Admins/Team Leaders see?
When a Team Admins/Team Leaders logs in to their Litmos account they see the training dashboard view similar to that of a Training Administrator but with the following exceptions:
- Dashboard tab – Team Leaders can only see their message Inbox and marking required only shows up for people that belong to teams that the Team Leader has control over
- Courses tab – This is not visible to team leaders who have not been given the permission to access courses or manage courses with create or edit rights.
- People tab – If given permission, team Leaders can create users one at a time to add to their team or use the bulk import option and specify team import codes for teams that they want to import users to
- Teams tab – Team Leaders can only see the teams that they are the leader of and any sub-teams of those teams
- Reports tab – Team Leaders only see the results for people in their teams or sub-teams including any average scores, time taken etc. which are calculated across just those people
For more information on the difference of Team Leaders and Team Admins see the article Team Admin/Team Leader Access Roles and Permissions suport article.
How to create a Team Leader
An Account Owner, Administrator or Team Admin/Team Leader can promote any member of a team to be a Team Leader or Team Admin. To do this simply go to the Teams tab and find the Team name that you want to promote a user to be Team Leader or Team Admin of. Then click the “Promote” button and select if you would like to make the user a Team Leader or a Team Admin of that Team.
When promoting someone to Team Leader or Team Admin their access level is automatically updated in their user Profile to Team Admin/Leader and they will appear in the Team Admins/Team Leaders list on the right side of the relevant team page.
How to remove a Team Leader
In the Team Leaders or Team Admins list for a Team you will see an “X” icon next to each team leader’s name. To remove/demote a user as Team Leader or Team Admin simply click on the “X” iconnext to the person's name that you want to remove.